Global, flexible and individual support
Participate with your action. With your commitment, you can change many lives!
Support-Girona has a volunteering programme the primary objective of which is to improve the quality of life and emotional well-being of the people being assisted.
The volunteering programme is implemented within three axes of action:
Support for group and individual leisure, which is provided by assisting people in going to events promoted by the Leisure and Entertainment Committee of Support-Girona, or with activities aimed at developing and enhancing the supported persons’ social relationships through participation in local parties or events, birthday celebrations, etc.. The organisation seeks to ensure the social inclusion of people who live in the community and who often have certain difficulties in building social relationships. Leisure and entertainment are key factors at this point.
Support for medical and hospital care, with is provided through scheduled medical visits and assistance during hospital stay in the form of meals, overnight care, etc.
Support for international activity, which is provided by having the volunteers get involved in the organisation’s research activity and take part in the international projects that are being carrying out within the transformation framework of social intervention services in accordance with the new principles of the United Nations International Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD).
The voluntary work related to this organisation is open to the participation of adults who meet the criteria, which ensure that the task is performed effectively. The criteria are as follows:
- Showing motivation, skills, or being specifically trained to work with the groups of people to whom we are providing support, i.e., adults with intellectual disabilities, mental illness, or cognitive diseases resulting from aging
- Having knowledge or training in the healthcare field in order to provide assistance or overnight care in the hospital
- Having enough free time to carry out voluntary work
- Having a committed, open, and positive attitude towards the instructions of the organisation
- Respecting the confidentiality of the information provided by the organisation